1. What is MyWater Portal?
This portal is a platform that consolidates data and information from various sources (systems, internal data and agencies) and serve as a local reference centre for use at all levels.
2. Who are the data and information provider in this Portal?
The main data provider is DID and 19 other agencies namely:
- Malaysian Space Agency (MYSA)
- National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA)
- Water Supply Division, MEWA
- Agricultural Irrigation and Drainage Division, MAFI
- National Water Research Institute of Malaysia, (NAHRIM)
- Department of Environment (DOE)
- Public Works Department (JKR)
- Malaysian Meteorological Department (MET)
- Department of Mineral and Geoscience Malaysia (JMG)
- Federal Department of Town and Country Planning (PLAN MALAYSIA)
- Forestry Department of Peninsular Malaysia (JPSM)
- Department of Agriculture (DOA)
- Department of Survey and Mapping Malaysia (JUPEM)
- Muda Agricultural Development Authority (MADA)
- Selangor Water Management Authority (LUAS)
- National Hydrographic Centre (PHN)
- National Geospatial Centre (MyGDI)
- National Water Services Commission (SPAN)
- Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB)
3. What are the information and data that can be obtained from this Portal?
Data and information related to the National water resources.
4. Are all data and information in this Portal shareable?
Yes. most of the data and information in this Portal is shareable when it is categorized as an open data. However, data which are categorized as classified, shareability is limited.
5. Who are the data and information users in this Portal?
Everyone can access this portal, but authorization or approval is needed from the data provider for classified data.
6. How to apply for data and information which is not available in this Portal?
The application for DID data can be submitted to the Director, Corporate Division of JPS Malaysia. If the user has identified the data to be requested, the application can be done through these platforms:
- For hydrological data, the application can be made online from: http://sprhin.water.gov.my
- For geospatial data the application can be made online from: http://spdg.water.gov.my/spd/login
- For non-hydrological and non-geospatial data, a written application must be made via mail or email to the Director, Corporate Division of JPS Malaysia.
For data which is not owned by JPS Malaysia, application should be made to the respective agencies.
7.Are all the data and information in this Portal up to date and when will it be updated?
Yes. All data and information are up to date and it will be updated when necessary.